PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Two planes taking off from National put on collision course with plane trying to land
Old 4th Aug 2012, 12:19
Warped Factor

You're the one claiming it was an incident not me, in fact I clearly said 'no danger', I was merely commenting that crossovers DO sometimes occur on runway changes, especially somewhere as busy as Heathrow.
You opened your first post with "I've observed it twice at Heathrow." Observed what twice if not implying that you've observed some sort of incident twice. That's what this thread is about after all, an incident during a runway change.

You then introduce two totally irrelevant examples including one observation from, of all places, your back garden that included the phrase "no danger that I could see". Well thank goodness for that.

I don't believe you've ever worked at Heathrow, the airport you cited in your examples. If you had you would have noticed that pretty much every time they change ends the first arrivals to the new runway will "cross over" the last departures from the old. That's how it works.