PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - It is acceptable....
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2012, 11:03
Ds3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ Duckeggble, my skills test was delayed by over a month due to their disorganisation Since I posted, it's started raining heavily here too so you never know lol!

@fwjc, I think that's a little harsh without knowing the specifics of my situation. Over the last 6 months there have been some very significant delays at my FTO that have been entirely avoidable. I completely appreciate there are alwys delays such as weather and tech issues, however other delays can easily be mitigated by running a vaguely efficient organisation. The test was done at the same school where every hour of my training was flown eventually.

Naturally I have already phoned my FTO during the week, they have said they will call me back four times (make that five today) and haven't done so once, and the only message I have been given is that he is waiting for bad weather.

I know CFIs are only human, but at the end of the day surely part of their job is the paperwork as well as the flying and they should manage their workload around that, rather than relying solely on bad weather. They had almost £10k of my money over the last year and all I'm asking is for them to spend the last what, 30 minutes, hour? to get my paperwork together so I can move forward...

Very interesting point regarding delaying the application though. Will everything I've done by valid for the EASA license and it's simply a matter of waiting to submit it then? It'd be annoying having to wait until then, but I may have to do a bit more research to way up the benefits of doing so.

Last edited by Ds3; 4th Aug 2012 at 11:07.