PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - It is acceptable....
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2012, 10:47
fwjc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recall it took my CFI a while to do the relevant paperwork for my PPL, mostly because re-checking my logbooks etc took some time. If you did your test at a different school to the place where you did most of your training, the CFI will need to check and verify your training records from both establishments.

From the tone of a few of your posts, it sounds like you need to learn to be a little more patient. In aviation not everything happens straight away. The weather can be a real downer, lovely when you're working and rubbish on weekends, leaving you frustrated on weekends and not able to fly for weeks and weeks. The aircraft you had booked might go tech, and then maintenance takes a month longer than they had anticipated. CFIs and FIs are only human, and they have many customers at any one time, and sometimes they cannot revolve around any one person. And the CAA will take their own sweet time...

Getting angry or hassling people in any of these situations will not help anyone. I would suggest that if you were to phone the CFI on a weekday when flying trade is less intense, to ask when would be best to collect your stuff, at least he/she will be able to give you a deadline to work to.

Note that if you do delay submission until after sept 17th, you'll get a lifetime EASA licence as opposed to a 5 year JAA licence, which would have to be changed to an EASA licence within that 5 years at an additional cost. So there could be a benefit to a long delay.

Last edited by fwjc; 4th Aug 2012 at 10:48.