PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 9
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2012, 02:10
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Clandestino
1. You probably meant direct law, ALT has autotrim
No - I meant Alternate Law, but the sentence that followed it referred to Direct.

2. It is BS perpetuated by some. It is very easy to trim Airbus in direct law using wheel. Fact that you move stick and not just release the pressure as you trim did cause some concern to me when I read the manual. It is absolutely easy to do, folks who keep spouting it's a problem have never tried it.
Fair enough - I was working on the assumption that it would be harer without tactile feedback, but if you think otherwise...

She can. Why are we bringing opinions that are blatantly wrong into discussion? We are not flying passengers in bloomingly unstable Su-27!
I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding going on here. The point I was making is that all modern airliners rely on computers whether being flown manually or on auto these days. If the electronics quit, it's a lot more difficult to fly them.

RR_NDB - a modern DSP will not pass certification on the basis of MTTF. As a backup it's plausible, but as aprimary replacement for pitot tubes it won't work.

Last edited by DozyWannabe; 4th Aug 2012 at 02:16.