PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 9
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2012, 20:41
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I write based on input from those who are experienced (and crucially have shown no sign of a political agenda).

And I trust other readers to be able to look up your previous posts - in which you have repeatedly shown an opinion that you feel decoupled sidesticks are a bad thing.

Originally Posted by CONF iture
The only point I'm making here is that information of great value is suppressed by the [sidestick] concept.

What is more sensible and necessary, is to openly discuss what the sidestick Airbus concept has suppressed.

You are using here the right term : We get used to be deprived of a valuable source of data … How is it better ?

That I like it or not does not really matter, that the sidesticks as implemented by Airbus deprive a multicrew from 'very nice to know' information is a fact...
Along with statements like:

Originally Posted by CONF iture
Airbus had a new concept in mind and thought they would proceed, which they did, whatever the concerns raised by the pilots
Which imply that the majority of pilots were against the sidestick concept (untrue) and also imply that pilots were not involved in the specification of the Airbus FBW flight deck and logical design (also untrue - almost insultingly so).

All of which are in the first page of search results, and all of which are based on nothing more than your own opinion.

Last edited by DozyWannabe; 3rd Aug 2012 at 20:53.