PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2012, 20:39
Taphappy

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Angel

Petet
Thanks for the sight of the Dominie, it certainly brings back memories. Unfortunately the RAF did supply sick bags, if you were sick all over the aircraft you cleaned it up.
The only thing I remember about pay parades was the crowd of bods and the SWO shouting "all the A's" at which point those with a surname beginning with A would move forward then the B's and so on. There were the usual ribald comments when all the B's and C's were called.So far as the Pay Book is concerned I haven't a clue what if any entries were made in it.
Danny42C
Yes I should have been grateful for small mercies,gaining admission to and enjoying the delights of the Sergeants Mess.
It also seemed strange that we were allowed to finish our course in 46 when as you say experienced aircrew were being shown the door left right and cenre.
I was still on my original RAFVR engagement and don't any pressure being brought to change that.
Chugalug2
Pity that KRs did not account of "Starboard watch kept". The Domimie did manage to stay airborne with that load but it must be remembered that we were all lightweights in these days, not an ounce of fat!!!