PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 3rd Aug 2012, 16:05
av8tordude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know its frustrating to wait for an answer (whether good or bad), but would you rather QR tell you they are not interested in hiring you? Ranting will not make the process move any faster. While QR have multiple training locations, keep in mind QR is not the only airline using those facilities.

You should also be aware, if you are on the A320 fleet (NTR), you will have 2-3 months wait before you start your type rating training. And even after you return from your training, line training is backed up as well. So it may be as much as 6 months before you are release from the training department after joining date(assuming you don't have any problems).

So if you don't have the patience now, then you need to reconsider your decision to coming her. There will be many other frustrating things you will experience here once you get here...I promise you! My advice...sit back, rub your ear lobes and say "Whoo Saghhh!!"

If you have a job and are in the talent pool, consider yourself fortunate as I know many people who aren't so fortunate wish they could find a job. If you don't have a job, why are you putting all your eggs into QR basket or waiting by the computer as if there is no tomorrow? QR is not the only airline that is hiring. There are many carriers around the world who are hiring.

For those who are in the talent pool, one email a month to inquire about your joining status should be ample enough to keep you up to date. Anything more will only put your name at the bottom of the call list (or maybe no call at all).

Good luck