PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviator academy in Fort Pierce
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2012, 09:02
lee_apromise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
During my time at FPR

Pros:
1) Finishing at minimum is possible if you put 100% in, I finished my IR and Commercial at minimum hours.

2) Accommodation, I was ok with it. No complaints, problems fixed without a delay.

3) During my time, instructors were very good. Feel very privileged to have met them and still stay in contact but most of them have left FPR.

Cons:
1) Part 141 IR ground school totally useless, I still regret why on earth I joined in that class wasting $500 (I think it's $800 now). It was better off to do with Part 61 IR with 50 hours x-country in C172 whilst self-studying with Jepp Instrument/Commercial.

2) Aircraft serviceability problems. On one day, whole fleet was grounded because too many aircrafts were being squawked. Once, I had 2 landing gear failures in two days straight.

3) Bumped off from schedule 3 days straight because someone was taking my aircraft.

4) Had to delay my checkride because the ops chief was unavailable and no one else would sign my IACRA. It pissed my designated examiner off.

5) Impossible to finish the training in advertised time frame. One must double it.