PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA/JAA Aviation Medical & related issues
Old 26th Apr 2001, 16:26
paul-g

Cool Revalidating licence and medical

Hi,

I haven't flown for about 2 years but I hold a UK CPL and have had my initial medical (although that also needs revalidating).

Anybody know what I need to do to become current again? Clearly I don't meet the currency requirements but I would not expect to have to start from scratch.

Are the initial issue requirements of the class 1 medical applied if you apply to revalidate an expired medical? I think my eyesight might be worse than 3.0 in one eye which might may 'initial' issue a problem, but I've held a valid class 1 up until it expired about a year ago.

I also have an Instructor Rating which I'd like to renew, though I'm hoping to avoid instructing by getting a pilot job.

Just a summary: about 850 hours with about 50 multi, plus 25 on 737 simulator at Oxford. Any advice on which airlines I should be talking to?

I realise that my 'break' from flying doesn't help me, but I needed to get myself financially back on my feet and I've more than achieved this. I guess there's plenty out there who've been where I am which is why I ask.

Thanks very much for your advice