PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SMS System Descriptions
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2012, 02:32
flingwing1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Much

Safetypee, Thanks a million <grin>. I'd never seen that "EHEST Safety Kit" before; the only one I thought existed was the IHST Helicopter SMS Toolkit seen a year or more ago. IHST is good but doesn't give as much usable (vs. useful) information as the kit you pointed out.

After only a quick read-through, I see the EHEST Kit even has a sub-section entitled "System Description". While that description is written in terms of making a risk analysis, it's good enough for me to get started on using it for the organization. I'll start next week. For those interested, below is what that sub-section says (i.e, Sub-section 8.1.4, Risk Assessment Steps).

System Description
The activity to be analyzed should be described in terms of systems and processes. The system should include the organizational structures, processes and procedures (including personnel, equipment and facilities) and the environment in which the operation is to take place.

The system description should explain the interface between the different processes and components and the nature of the interaction between them and make use of relevant elements already described in the Company’s Management System Documentation and related procedures.

-----------------------------

After having spent a year+ researching this "system description" problem, I think now, with that EHEST prompt, I have enough ideas to start writing something readable for my organization's SMS.

Again, thank you for that. It helps. Adios.

Last edited by flingwing1; 3rd Aug 2012 at 02:34.