PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 3rd Aug 2012, 02:26
parahawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hopefully?

I applied earlier this year and the only response I got was that they got my resume. Nothing after that. I am not sure why-A few of the FO's I have flown with in the past at my regional in the States have been hired with half my experience. Shortly after I applied my family life changed drastically with a divorce happening-so my wife and kids would not be joining me for sure. I was happy not to have to deal with any decisions on an opportunity overseas but now that the divorce is almost done and the regional I work for is a sinking ship I want options as I still have a house to pay for and have to pay support for my kids. I still have not heard anything-and I am thinking about reapplying. I guess my only concern is the rumors about the body mass index. I am about 15 pounds heavier than I was when I was in the army and at the time I was 25% BMI-could this be holding me back from Qatar and/or Emirates?