PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What to do with Outmoded Boys Toys ?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2012, 16:48
OFSO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to do with Outmoded Boys Toys ?

On my desk sits an Acer Aspire one netbook, early version running Linux/Fedora. Apart from an utterly abysmal short battery life (and it's been that way since new) the device is perfect.

Trouble is, I have no use for it. Even my HTC smartphone does more things, and does them better, faster and more easily.

It's taking up space and it annoyes me, since I haven't a use for it and feel I should have.

I can't give it away to some "deserving child from a poor family" because frankly, even here in cash-strapped Spain (so they tell me) and financially bust Catalunia (so they tell me), every child I know has an iPad or whatever. Some have two.

So this is a question for Computer Issues: what to do with stuff that still works perfectly but has been passed over by speeding technology ?

Oh and I also have a Palm PDA - same thing applies. I can use it for e-mails but it's more complex and slower than Giggle's Android. No longer needed.....

So ?

P.S. before someone takes the p*ss - it's the Toys that are Outmoded, not the Boys !

Last edited by OFSO; 2nd Aug 2012 at 16:50.