PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EFT Florida
Thread: EFT Florida
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2012, 16:38
ColonialFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The post above is fair about operations down at Aviator College. I would like to add more about EFT. As it was mentioned above. EFT is a joint venture. It is a FTO that uses the aircrafts and facilities of Aviation College, which is a very smart business move. However, their prices are way higher than their FAA counterpart. For instance for an hour in the BE-76 and C-172 Dual with Aviator is 280 and 180, whist with EFT that will be 450 and 250, thank you very much . If you ask them why, they will tell you it's because it's JAA training. Fair play, but advertising package price is way lower than this rate, so the big bucks come in when you start to overfly the syllabus, in which very does to a certain extend.

Moreover, a warning to the APP (Airline Pilot Programme) prospective students. Think long and hard before you sign up. The package price is very attractive, $50k I believe, but beware that there are set dates for everything, such as PPL theory and ATPL (which is done by another company, Gulf Coast). If these dates/deadline are busted, your fault or god's act, you will have to pay for a large fine $4000-5000. It will come out of your installments that you have paid already, whether you like it or not. As for the PPL ground, you are not going to get any help from them, it's all self study, a lot of my friends didn't make the exams schedules and got kicked off the APP and that costs them thousands of $

In conclusion, EFT is fair school when you are doing well, the flight training is average. But when you are not doing well, you need to have a deep wallet!

Their price are in line with some of the FTO in Europe such as Iceland. If I can turn back time I will do my entire training in Europe. (Hour building in the US is a good experience though)

Good flying