PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyEASA, Ormond Beach, FL
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2012, 16:28
JimmyAnonymous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't recommend for PPL unless time and money are irrelevant.

Not happy. Not long back and needless to say I don’t have my PPL. I’m still undecided as to whether I was foolish to believe the advert claiming 21 days or not.

Most of those who did get their licenses were there for at least 4 weeks (emphasis on the ‘at least’) .The thing that makes me angry though is the fact that it is hugely possible to do it in 21 days however that was only a concern of my own not theirs, they don’t seem to appreciate the costs over and above the package price, the 17 days off work the extra days to fly to London for the Visa, all the extra fees here and there, they’re in no hurry what so ever to get you done.

I’m sure there are times of the year where the weather plays a part in not getting to fly but in my case and I’m sure the majority of cases is you just don’t average enough hours per day. I arrived on a Saturday expecting to fly Monday, it happened to be the Tuesday (I’ll call Day 1) I flew (1.7 hrs), Day 2 (1.5hrs), Day 3 (0hrs), Day 4 (1.6hrs), Day 5 (2.3hrs), Day 6 (0hrs), Day 7 (0.7hrs), Day 8 (1.9 hrs). I’d been there 10 days and I never got so much as a measly 10 hrs Why so few?

Before arriving I was assured I would be averaging about 3.5 hrs a day, weather permitting but little did I know the weather would be the least of my worries. The fact you don’t fly Sundays is an added nuisance as the instructors have a day off. You can fly solo Sundays but given the fact you only do 10 hrs solo, not having an instructor for the remainder is a significant loss. So how can they fulfil their end of the deal, deal being you pay them money they give you what they advertise, more instructors and more aircraft. There isn’t enough of either.

I went to the school every day in the hope I could snatch a free instructor to try to fly more as the flying conditions most of the time were perfect, but more often than not there weren’t any available. If there was there weren’t any planes. Everyday being there was just one big worry, “how the hell am I going to finish in time?” I have a few regrets in my time but trusting Flyeasa is quite a notable one.

Before going I would liked to have known more of the facts, I thought the only thing that would prevent me from completing in the time would be the weather so I made sure I went at an advised time of year oblivious to the fact that their resources were going to be my biggest obstacle. I now have to continue over here having only flown 36 hrs in Florida I’ll now have to fork out between £1.5K and £2.5K to finish which defeats the whole purpose of Flyeasa in the first place.

Any questions, I’d be happy to answer. Sorry Flyeasa, I don’t like being a ‘Judas’ but me getting my PPL means a great deal and I wished I knew before beginning the process just how unlike a bed of roses my trip would be. I’m not bitter about the whole trip however, until going I’d never met anyone who shares my ambitions of wanting to fly so being surrounded with likeminded people is a great experience in itself.