PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alpha Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2012, 16:03
pfvspnf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@fluffy

Why so bitter?

Air Arabia has proven time and time again that the low cost model has translated into success which has led to the expansion of its fleet. The customer never had a low cost option in the region and ABY has been a pioneer in driving this growth to pass on its cost savings to the customer.

I feel they haven't fallen short in the selection and training of crew, the interview process is grueling and the training standards during operations are set high.

AAG? Lots of mistakes have been made. Nobody doubts that but I do see improvements being made as the partner airline is getting more involved. I still see a LOT of grey areas where MPL is concerened and only time will tell what exactly the regulations will stipulate with regards to the ATPL conversion but as I have said time and time again its the fastest way to the airline. If I had the choice I would have gone the MPL route when I first started my training. ( Not to say that flying in the bush, instructing, corporate flying at low wages wasn't fun but the ultimate airline goal takes time in the traditional route)