PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pensions. Breaking News.....
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2012, 13:31
fin1012

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well for those asking who the 17500 consultees were - I was one. The questionnaire I was asked to fill in was written specifically to force you to pick between 3 rubbish choices, so every time you ended up either choosing the worst of three bad options or refusing to fill it out. As an example, I think the EDD deferral options were 2, 3 or 4 years. I would imagine everyone, like me, ticked the 2 year box as the lesser of 3 evils. That way ministers can put their hands up and say 'look aren't we good? It could have been 4 years but we got it down to 2 through consultation' but of course it was always going to be 2 years anyway.

Anyone who thinks our lords and masters are doing anything to protect the troops over this needs to wake up. We have been abandoned to our fate...end of. Interesting to see how many put their money where their mouth is and leave over this. The system is about to be comprehensively broken, it will be interesting to see the retention schemes put in place in about 4 years time once the numbers leaving become unsustainable. Glad I'm out soon.

edited cos I was so angry I couldn't spell or do the grammar stuff! (twice!!!)

Rant over

Last edited by fin1012; 2nd Aug 2012 at 13:35.