PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What’s the rule about luggage under the seat in front of you?
Old 2nd Aug 2012, 11:44
t1grm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What’s the rule about luggage under the seat in front of you?

I have a standard size carry on. I thought the whole point of this is that it fits in an overhead locker (end on) and fits under the seat in front of you. I was on an Easyjet flight the other week and all the overhead lockers were full. They were taking bags off people and checking them into the hold. I put my carry on under the seat in front of me. It fitted snugly but perfectly and I was able to sit in a normal upright posture with my feet flat on the floor. Alright I couldn’t slouch down and stretch my legs out under the seat in front of me because there was a bag there but, I was happy to forgo that luxury for an hour to save time and worry in collecting the baggage.

However, one of the cabin crew said it was not allowed and, after much protesting, I had my bag taken off me and put in the hold. The excuse was that it stuck out past the end of the metal bar. It did stick out about 3 inches but it was flush against the front of the metal bar and is a standard size (22 inches IIRC). What is the point in having a standard size which is then too big to fit?