PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boy, 11, boards plane at MAN with no passport or ticket.
Old 2nd Aug 2012, 10:48
frequentflyer2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not in that scenario, as far I am aware. But to teach him a lesson, after all it is theft, I would have offloaded him at Rome and passed any charges levied against Jet2 to his mother. For every action there is a consequence. Something my parents taught me at a young age.

For every action there is indeed a consequence. I would imagine there would be consequences for Jet2 of some kind if they off loaded a child of 11 suffering from learning difficulties in Rome and left him there. Yes, the child in question suffers from learning difficulties. His quotes are quite childish, even for an 11 year old. However, I digress, as I want to make it clear that my comments about money changing hands did not refer to airport or airline officials. The media cannot name minors or publish photographs of them without the permission of their parents, a person acting in loco parentis, or a court of law. Despite the fact her son is just 11, and suffers from learning difficulties, the boy's mother was quite happy for him to describe his experience, and for his photograph to be splashed across both the paper and its website. I wonder why?
The more I hear about this, the more I suspect this was a deliberately generated story. You don't just wander in to terminal one from Manchester Airport's bus station. You have to take a lift or escalator up to the level of the glass walkway, and then walk some distance or ride on the travelator, before going down a level to enter the terminal.
After miraculously passing through security without being detected, the boy claims to have wandered down the airbridge in search of a toilet. The one he found just happened to be on a Jet2 737. Somehow, he got stuck in it and "whoosh" he was up in the air. Oh come on. There has to be more to this.