PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Salary incentivised safety ?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2012, 02:30
Burr Styers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chaps one and all,

many thanks for your responses and sharing your thoughts - interesting one eh. I (and I suspect pretty much anyone in a similar post) don't require further incentivisation, you do the job, probably for a whole range of ultruistic reasons. Some of your responses mirrored my thoughts, and some brought in new ideas. My view is to stick to tangible and achievable targets. Trend reduction (of a something) I think is good, achievement of an annual audit plan would be another, emergency response plan exercised would be in there, something from the FDM/FOQA/FDAP programme might be worth doing (reduction in unstable approaches ?) reduction in the amount of findings against us by the local CAA (already low) might be a candidate.

The whole area of safety reporting (which for all of us is really still an "Honesty" reporting system) would be very easy to inadvertently switch off, by having a campaign to drive down the number of reports, this could be disasterous. The converse being a campaign to improve reporting, already quite good in my company.

Every company is different, and I think the creative answer for where I am regarding the question posed, is now starting to get some clarity and substance.

I also think the subject could be a whole thesis for somebody, but I'm currently too busy with the day job to enjoy that indulgence. Has it ever been done/researched, any Pruners done a paper on this ?

Anyway, once again, thanks all - appreciated

BS