PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is CASA morally criminal?
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2012, 21:58
alphacentauri

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm just thinking outside the box here.....

It appears from previous threads that GA is being fostered a lot more by our friends in NZ. Having read some of the articles kicking around, I am staggered by the impending costs that will be put on GA by our regulator. If those estimates are correct, then I have an out of the box idea.

What would be the costs in putting GA aircraft on the NZ register, and getting NZ licences to operate and maintain them? Surely the costs would be cheaper than the overheads quoted in recent articles.

Yes I know there are other issues, but if industry seriously is going to get slammed with these costs, then maybe a more radical solution than writing letters needs to be found. Whilst I admire those that do write letters, I am yet to see any good come from it. Even if every owner/operator wrote to ministers, they can all be ignored.

Actions speak a lot louder than words, and a significant portion of Aussie aircraft on the NZ register, would send a loud message.

Yes you can shoot me down, but if all this is already law, the time for letter writing is long past.

Food for thought ...