PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAFPS 2015
Thread: FAFPS 2015
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2012, 18:54
kweelo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Al -

there are clearly a lot of confused people out there, including myself and I don't expect you to answer everyone's personal circumstance here. I have today joined the FPS in the hope that after the consultation period they will hopefully be able to give me (and others!)some clear guidance. I definitely need it!

I am an OR on AFPS 75 and on FAFPS changeover will have completed 28 yrs of my LOS 30. Having read the consultation document today and again being just as confused reading through that, I was heartened to read that the accrued rights you have banked are save.

To that end, I read in to it (or maybe hoped!) that I will have banked 28/30ths of my AFPS 75 pension and that at the end of my 30 years’ service I will be able to collect my gratuity (having commuted), reduced immediate pension and that at age 55 my pension will revert to its original value, including CPI rise- as that is what I would have 'banked' under the old scheme and that 2/30ths FAFPS will be payable to me at age 60, as per the BBC website article yesterday. I haven't read or indeed have missed possibly that the portion earned under the new scheme will be paid at the new state pension age of 68, which you have suggested?

Last edited by kweelo; 1st Aug 2012 at 19:07. Reason: Spelling!