PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A350 delayed (again)
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2012, 13:00
Steve the Pirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cxorcist

You say:

However, I'm not sure it will be a good converted freighter. Time will tell.
I don't mean to appear obtuse but since when has the ability to convert a passenger aircraft into a freighter been a criterion for deciding how good an aircraft it is? Further you said earlier:

The only reason their aircraft sell is because the cost of ownership is lower than the Boeing equivalent.
Surely that falls under the fiduciary responsibility of the board of any company so that they can create a better return on their investment? I hold neither an Econ degree nor an MBA but I would have thought that principle might have been a pretty pivotal theme in the course.

Using your logic, if we assess an aircraft by its cost of ownership and ability to be converted into a freighter then why are the BCFs going? I would have thought that they are owned outright (standing-by to be corrected) and they've already been turned into freighters, ergo, they must be brilliant aircraft surely?

I know you were joking about VNAV but if you do use V/S or FLCH(?) from TOD then the FMC must be a TUPOS, IMHO.

STP

Last edited by Steve the Pirate; 1st Aug 2012 at 13:59.