PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA Military Accreditation
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2012, 12:04
SimonK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just to add to what some of the other posters have described and I appreciate this is not new for some, I have also asked the question of the CAA regarding adding an IR to my JAR CPL H gained under the previous mil bridging process. Good and bad news.

Good news - the CPL is still valid and an IR can be added, the skills test is still valid aswell.

Bad news - as expected the full 14 ATPL exams are required to add an IR, although I believe you can just do the 7 for the IR if you so wish.

Kind of good news - The ATPL theory trg DVD from Bristol is £500 (£2140 if you want the full residential courses aswell) and you do not have to complete the 2x2 weeks residential course, ie you can complete the online trg, revise with the question bank and book yourself on the exams. Of course, you could also just book yourself onto the exams and risk the question bank if you wish. Form SRG 2133 for Mil credit.

This is not the good news I wanted, but at least I know what the situ is after months of frustration, so at least I can start work (again!). I know from speaking to other colleagues with CPLs that there is still a lot of uncertainty and confused messages out there regarding the status of our licences, hopefully this adds to your understanding.

As a side note, I went through the 22 Gp liaision SO2, who was extremely helpful, knowledgeable and immediately got an answer to me from the CAA in approximately 5 months less than it took them (still waiting!). He struck me as a top chap, who did a secondary duty he was not resourced for anywhere close in terms of time and manpower. Perhaps time to stop throwing the spears and give him a break on here?

No, I'm nothing to do with him/them btw!