PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A350 delayed (again)
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2012, 22:02
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dragon,

Thanks for the thorough rebuke. You feel all better now? Your notion that one must belong to one of those departments to have a valid opinion really only shows that you're the clown. How would an aeronautical engineering degree help? We're not building them here. We're judging based on strengths and weaknesses. I think an Econ degree or MBA might be more useful because this is really all about money.

You might be surprised how much good info can be gleaned from the CFP if you have a few other numbers like BOWs and pax carried. From there, figuring cargo weights is pretty easy. Subsequently, it is not difficult to generate a good idea of an aircrafts' capabilities throughout the network. Perhaps you should role up your long sleeves and try it some time when you can't sleep on an overnight.

For the record, I never insinuated that the 330 was not a good aircraft. Clearly, it is the backbone of CX's medium range and regional operation. However, I'm not sure it will be a good converted freighter. Time will tell. In the meantime, enjoy your roster...