PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabin crew to Pilot? Will it work?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2012, 21:48
EGGD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Points from OttoThrottle, I do agree with you that the right attitude is necessary. A member of cabin crew once told me that there was a wannabe pilot on their selection day. His attitude was poor and he wasn't seen beyond the first morning. If you apply you will have to prepare to work hard, but by doing this you will prove yourself ultimately capable of adapting to working environments that perhaps don't match your skillset and that is a very worthy talent indeed.

I do think though that even though Flybe wont afford the same regularity of opportunities you will be there long enough to get noticed. If you work hard people from both sides of the door will do what they can to help you and that is a big step closer to an opportunity if one comes up

I know of people in flight ops and engineering positions within airlines who have been offered First Officer positions although I can't give you much background information on each. It is possible whatever route you take, the key whatever you choose to do is that you show your skills, ability and enthusiasm and you will get noticed. Just don't expect it to be straight away, but keep working and you will get there!

Cheers