PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I don't belieeeeeeeeeeeeve it! Black Amor in way.
Old 31st Jul 2012, 20:36
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts
I don't belieeeeeeeeeeeeve it! Black Amor in way.

Following what seemed to be a successful setup of my printer and 3 computers, I've just notices my Network Backup drive has changed its characteristics - inasmuch as it does not show on the Explorer in the same way and much of the data on it is not showing.

Seagate Black Amor 1TB drive used to show as a Device. BA-XXXXX. Go to that in Explorer and all the folders were there.

Now it shows, and I can write to it, but very little can be seen.

What's more, looking at the network map, it's in between the once computer I have running, and the router!!!!!!!!!! The green pair of lines are only broken by this.

This drive has always been a disappointment. Seagate were very cagey when I phoned for support, and could never really answer why it would not set up with their software. It is supposed to be accessible from anywhere in the world, and would have been handy sometimes. That function has never worked.

It worked as a backup drive okay - until now.

Anyone else got one of these - or an answer to why my remote printer setup may have messed this up?