PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Warsaw Modlin
Thread: Warsaw Modlin
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2012, 14:31
DublinPole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do we know how the battle is going here at the moment? From what I have seen I can't see there being enough demand for the number of flights to some destinations with both carriers.

I was in Modlin last week and even for the four flights a day in London now numbers are not looking that good. The Ryanair flights, one a day seem to be running at very high load factors, and whilst Wizz are carrying more passengers than Ryanair a day because of the three flights the one flight a day that goes out the same time as FR seems to be struggling, looked to be about 50% if that load factor but the morning flight seems to be doing better. But then again when there is three flights a day the load is always going to spread thinner.

I can't see how it's going to be able to support 6-7 flights a day, it just won't be viable as far as I'm concerned. I reckon 5 flights a day at max are going to be tipping point for this route.I guess we will get to find out more when FR add the extra two flights a day who will really win the war on this route so to speak, but without doubt whilst FR's load factor on the London route is very good, it is only one flight a day compared to W6's three.

Oslo and Stockholm I get the impression for both carriers are struggling to some degree, as they always feature in the lowest fares, so here I can't see two operators being able to support the current frequency, they'll either have to reduce or one operator will have to pull out of the route.

Last edited by DublinPole; 31st Jul 2012 at 14:31.