PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAFPS 2015
Thread: FAFPS 2015
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2012, 13:54
Al R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rev,

Yes - agreed. I wouldn't like to be a nurse though (I don't have the legs for starters).

I've just read it and it could be a lot, lot worse (the devil is in the detail of course). And yes, you are right. Amongst others, this will benefit scheme member with a particular outlook on life!

btw: 75 was out of date pretty damned quickly and 05 wasn't far behind. Knowing how fluid actuaries are right now about being future-proof, instinct tells me this won't last anywhere near 25 years (re: below).

There should be no further changes to the new scheme for the next 25 years. The Government has said that new public service pension schemes should endure for 25 years, and has committed to no further changes during this period. The Government will set a cost cap on MOD’s contribution to future Armed Forces pensions; this will constrain costs which arise from unforeseen pressures (such as further increases in longevity). Provided the scheme remains within this cost cap, no changes to scheme design, benefits or contribution rates should be necessary. If costs were to rise above, or fall below, the cap in future, the new Pensions Board would consider the best approach to managing the increasing costs. Service personnel would be consulted about any changes

Last edited by Al R; 31st Jul 2012 at 14:03.