PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 report out
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2012, 13:30
gleaf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smart Cows and sitcks

Smart cows eat the grass and spit out the sticks. I have been grazing the AF447 thread long term, read the reports in detail and many of the references. I am a computer test lab rat not a pilot, This is likely sticks.

There is no human ability to mentally muti-task.
The mind must move from one problem to the next, and if returning
to a previous step in a long problem, must recover the previous point in progress and then advance.

My particular sicky spot is that as the airspeed data returned to a computer valid number the stall warning was activated. And that happend three times if memory serves me.

I start to correct my nose up input. I get stall warning....
and it happens three times.
Has the timing and the sequence convinced me that nose down is an error no matter what else the computer is telling me?

Facing a tremendous display of data and alarms.
We know the plane was not flying. It seems they never grasped that
crucial single element. Their view was 'flying with problems'. What does it take to mentally unlock from 'its flying' to 'its not flying'?

Some years in the future we may see a human factors disection of the FDR and CVR data coupled to pilot grade scan and process the information speeds. (much above average street smarts)
As a member of the computer programmming clan, how was it that 'its not flying' was not made obvious? And for you who sit in the seats, do you now know how to glean 'its not flying' from the data they faced?