PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 report out
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2012, 12:22
Clandestino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was pointing out that absolutely no faults were recorded during the flight of AF447 that were not either the consequence of 1. losing the actual total pressure in pitot installation 2. loss of control. Aeroplane was perfectly sound until the moment she hit the water. Oblique hints that AF447 could have been afflicted with loss of control due to electrical failure as there were similar cases, on closer inspection turned out to be complete fabrication put together from details of other completely unrelated incidents.

Now, falsification needs not to be deliberate, as people quite often do misunderstand or misremember some details, but PPRuNe is full of "thank you for correcting me", which is very normal when one is interested in facts. When our esteemed colleague was warned his story was quite fairytalish, his reaction was curt "Read the report" without further explanation why would it be beneficial or reference to what needs to be corrected. Therefore I am unable to give him the benefit of doubt that he invented the story unintentionally and without some purpose incompatible with open and honest discussion.