PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX, better than all airlines in Australia and most of the world
Old 31st Jul 2012, 10:42
aussie027

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOW!!

An appalling response, to put it politely, appalling.

ADSYJ's responses in post #8 is spot on and his sample letter a much better example of a more apologetic tone.

Many people were obviously majorly inconvenienced as the Dr described in his letter.
The Dr, a high profile and well known individual ,has likely been a customer for many years due to his long term clinic and lack of suitable alternative carriers to his required destinations.
He actually took the time to write a letter stating the circumstances and inconvenience caused and his out of pocket expenses.

I would have sent an apologetic letter and a cheque for his out of pocket expenses and a return free ticket to anywhere on the network he wanted to go.

It is called good customer service and GOODWILL......
PRICELESS.

The Dr would have talked to all his family, friends and colleagues about a positive reply as I mentioned above, (apology and cheque / ticket ).
Word of mouth positive PR for the company after the initial negative situation.

Instead, the letters have now gotten national media coverage and very negative PR on every level for the company.

Given all the very negative threads about REX on this forum I can't say I am surprised by this company attitude.
Still I am sure those in management will be pleased to know that these letters will likely be used in PR classes at TAFEs and Uni's across the country as examples of how not to treat ones company customers.