PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 9
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2012, 09:45
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CONF iture
Remember to read one more time the report before spreading more erroneous information.
My mistake - it was water from the cleaning freezing inside the AoA vanes. I'm sure I remembered reading "static port" in Flight or something though...

Is it again something of your own making or you will produce a Reference this time ?
I believe the old Approach To Stall procedure was in the FCOM Supplementary Procedures - not an ideal place for a memory item, certainly! I have it on good authority that the new procedure has been added to the QRH.

The first warning was real and should have been longer, dixit the BEA.
Are we talking about the same warning? I'm talking about the single "blip" on the traces at about 02:10:08 - that was a single "G"-induced warning, and the aircraft was not about to stall at that point. The first non-transient warning (where the aircraft was actually approaching stall) began at approx. 02:10:48 according to the traces.

I thought your faith in the Institution had no limit ... but now a 'veteran pilot' would make you doubt ... ?
You clearly don't know me well - it's not about having "faith in [any] Institution", but a desire for factual accuracy and an intense distaste for politically-motivated conspiracy theories.

The BEA's only job is to establish the relevant facts - you can bet that one of the ambulance-chasers will try to make hay out of the autotrim feature. After all, the biggest source of misinformation as it applies to aviation accidents tends to come from lawyers releasing scuttlebutt to the press.

And yes, I'll take a veteran pilot's word, but not if they're irredeemably arrogant (Asseline) or clearly delusional (Jacquet/Marnet-Cornus).

Last edited by DozyWannabe; 31st Jul 2012 at 11:26.