PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas threat, man charged
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2003, 05:46
sirjfp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As an ex ansett cabin manager , I can honestly say there were many times that I was cajoled by the ground staff to let a pissed pax on board. " he's had a few but he's happy and harmless " was the stock approach. It took me only once to realise that this really meant was " this guy is a pain and we just want him out of here so we don't have to deal with him on the ground"]

This one time involved a full flight from ool to mel on christmas eve. The pax involved was drunk , no doubt.
I bent and let him on. BIG MISTAKE ! He threw up on take off and continued to throughout the flight. Not aggressive or abnoxious ,but the fact remained that some poor pax who paid good dollar for a seat had to sit next to this idiot for two hours!

NEVER AGAIN I decided ,and stuck to my guns. It is a pity I had to resort to tech. crew assistance on several occaisions to get my way. I know things have changed over the last couple of years but these idiots must get what they deserve.

Beleive me it is a lot easier to deal with these pricks on the ground than on an aircraft.