PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEMS in Saudí Arabia
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2012, 21:31
spinwing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mmmmm ....

Swisherd 'ol darling whatever are you smoking?

I have not seen any post bagging PHI's professionalism .... what I have seen is quite a few posts from people (some known to me) that have stood on Saudi sand doing the job and warning of what is likely to come.

You are quite out of order inferring that companies that have previously been involved in Saudi HEMS contracts have inferior experience to PHI.

I can tell you that there were/are crews there capable of and able to do the job to the highest standards expected of the EMS industry.

The issues are not to do with the Helicopter contractor .... PHI will learn all about that in due course ... their HEMS incarnation will be the 4th different operational change to the Saudi HEMS program .... there is of course one common denominator that continues to be the creator of difficulties ... but as you say ...

"with most new operations there are learning curves and mistakes that get made" ....

That is very true .... the problem in Saudi is that the will to listen and learn from the experienced is somewhat absent . There is absolutely no value in hiring an experienced organisation capable and able to do a job for you and then not allowing (or not paying them) them to do it properly.

You might think you (and PHI) have all the answers ... I really hope you/they do for the sake of the Saudi populous and their seasonal visitors .. but from personal experience all I can say is ... "Good luck with that" ...

To understand you really need to be there.

Cheers ....