PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 9
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2012, 19:57
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by infrequentflyer789
Arguable. Stall warning can trigger in normal law, but I believe the immediate effect will be a law degradation. In normal law the system thinks it is keeping within the envelope, plus a margin, so this is a "should not happen". If it does happen, the system is going to drop envelope protections because it is clear the envelope simply isn't where it was thought to be...
I'm pretty sure that's not the case - to the best of my knowledge the annunciator system is separate from the flight control logic. The Control Law logic itself is triggered by failure detection scenarios between the sensors and flight control computers. It should not trigger when one of those sensors records something outside of the envelope, only if there is a confirmed failure of one of the systems.

In short, in the unlikely event there's a failure of the system and a concurrent entry into stall warning territory, then the control law will degrade, but a value that triggers stall warning by itself will not trigger law degradation as long as the system checks out as operating normally.