PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAFPS 2015
Thread: FAFPS 2015
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2012, 19:05
Reverend 71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Albert,

The online survey was part of the FAFPS consultation process that was launched on 29 Mar 12 and finished on 31 May. As usual this was announced in a DIN and an IBN was issued at the same time down the RAF chain. The FAFPS Team also did a load of briefings to MOBs and training units with focus groups at the end for various groups. On my unit the station pension focal point (each RAF unit has been required to appoint at least one JO or SNCO to disseminate information on pensions and provide feedback) did a brief on AFPS 75 and 05 before the FAFPS Team arrived and also repeated the Team's presentation later for those who were unable to attend their brief. The brief I went to was well attended and the Stn Cdr did the introductions so it had a fairly high profile here. I have just checked and FAFPS Team's presentation and script remains available on the MoD website to download if you want more detail. I think there were also pieces in the RAF News on it when it came out initially. So to echo some earlier posts, I thought the information was fairly accessible. With regards the survey questions relating to AFPS 05, this is because AFPS 75 is a closed scheme, therefore the changes proposed under FAFPS use AFPS 05 as the comparator as it is the most current and only open pension scheme for Regular Service personnel.

Reverend 71