PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beginning of a career. Where to go, where to start?
Old 30th Jul 2012, 16:36
veetwo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a320renewal.

They are not "your jobs". Its just market economics pure and simple. People are still willing to invest £100,000 even when the result is a flexi crew contract. My gut tells me things will have to get a lot worse before people stop signing up. It is my personal belief that eventually first officers will be completely unpaid for the first X many months. We really don't have a great distance to travel before we get there and even this wouldn't stop people signing up.

JayG_Bull

You've clearly put some time and effort in to your research and your enthusiasm is unquestionable. Just remember though that every time you say things like, "My lifelong ultimate goal has been to become an Airline Pilot and as I mentioned, I'm going to do anything to achieve this. I'm willing to do almost anything to do so" some accountant in an office somewhere starts rubbing his hands in glee thinking about how little he can pay you to work harder than anyone has ever worked before.

I've said it before but remember in your calculations that at the end of the day it is simply a JOB. Your perspective after doing it for 5 years will be wildly different to your perspective on it now. Trust me on that.

Good luck anyway.