PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 9
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2012, 14:15
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Franzl.

Thank you for your post. I am beginning to believe PNF has said that the speeds he lost might have been his limit speeds! "bugs". With three ADR kaput, the Stall bug goes away, for example.

And thank you for posting the BEA report about the Stall. I had not read that part of the report. Needless to say, I think it is an excellent description of what happened. For me, even though the pilots were responsible for venturing into that dangerous domain, it explains how they may have missed the Entry to Stall, and how the aircraft and the Airline, and the manufacturer are responsible for the Stall, and some of the difficulty of understanding this situation. It remains to determine how and to what extent the THS affected the entry and capture of STALL. I do not think it is that important, I still believe the crash was a foregone conclusion within fifteen seconds after loss of autopilot.

I have done that type of Stall, and it is exciting...I never thought we were in any danger, and I learned a lot about energy, and rapid descent. I have done these and held nose up, it is exhilarating the excursions in altitude. I do not wish to demean these pilots, the circumstances were as buckwheat to bullets.