PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAFPS 2015
Thread: FAFPS 2015
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2012, 10:00
Albert Another

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MaroonMan4 …….I have bitten…..but with no hard feelings….

Before I retort I thought I would check my data trail for a keyword search of ‘survey’. I found no such word or reference in it. The first key information about the new pension was a DIN I got after Cpl Clott’s post. Although very informative the DIN had no mention of a survey. Before that I had actively requested information from JPAC and PSF but was told to wait for information. To respond to your post on the 26th of July:

1) believed that you and your colleagues were unsighted’ – They were. I asked them. Since then I have asked other serving members, from various sections, trades and ranks who LI or LO; they too were unsighted of the survey aspect of consultation.

2) ‘and even when overseas I picked up the requirement to have my say through Cpl Clott's informed posting’ – Cpl Clott’s post was very helpful, if you saw it, but PPrune is not how I should get informed about vital stuff. Besides unless you check regularly, a thread can easily drop-off page one of the threads list before you see it.

If it was just me and a few other I could accept that I may have missed it but that is not the case.

Now I have seen the survey it appears that the consultation was about AFPS 05 with no comparisons to AFPS 75. Suddenly I feel on the edge of a plank with the swords at my back which is not where I want to be.

PS: I am now following this thread so I will hopefully receive tip-offs about future consultation documents which I will pass on to others.