PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OPS Courses & How to stand a chance
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2003, 18:55
SDeath

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I started working at OPS Schreiner Northsea Helicopters In Den Helder (Holland) about 10 months ago.
I worked at the Dispatch department first through an employment agency. I just finished my ICT study at college and wanted to work at the Royal Dutch Navy's ATC. Between all my tests were a couple of weeks so I needed work and started working at Schreiner's Dispatch. Where after 2 weeks they saw what I had in me so they asked if I was interrested in working at Operations.
I compared the Navy with Schreiner and came to the decission that Schreiner had a better future for me than the Navy (a chance of becomming a pilot, every child's dream and mine too).
They gave me an internal course of about a week with all the airline/ops officer basics explained (I had no experience what so ever in the airline business). And started working in march 2002.

I'm now at the point that i'm allmost an Ops Officer (now i'm a Ass. Ops Officer), next month.

I'm 21 at the moment (in march 22) so I think I didn't do so bad.

"Don't come to Schreiner for the money." my collegues say but they are a bit older like 15 years minimum.
I like the enviroment it's fun not so formal we have a lot of responsabilities.

In short : I didn't expect to work here, but now I'm there I like it a lot !!!

Edwin Janssen