PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A simple printer
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2012, 09:14
rans6andrew

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
we tired of inkjet printer heads becoming blocked and refilled cartridges being less than perfect a few years ago. We then bought a Samsung laser monochrome (ML-1610) which has been very good despite the usage patterns being very up and down. Sometimes it is not used for months at a time and then other times we need a hundred pages in a couple of days. The one thing I would say though, the Samsung lasers are good on paper but don't try to use them on anything approaching card thickness. This is a bit dissappointing when you want to print photographs, much of the photo quality paper is too heavy gauge for the feed mechanism. Sometimes you can hand assist it through but you can also waste a lot of paper and toner......

After having good use from the monochrome Samsung we saw their cheap colour laser (CLP-300N) on offer and that too, has been good for some years, same issues with heavy gauge paper and card though.

About 2 years ago a friend upgraded to an all in one printer copier faxer double sider unit and, having failed to sell his old printer, gave it to me. A Lexmark C522 network. I plugged it in for the first time about a month ago. Once the drivers were installed the test page started a bit shakey but the second page printed perfectly despite the low toner warning for all 4 colours flashing. I think I am going to cough up for the 4000 page toner set and put it into regular use.