PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2012, 09:02
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$10,000 x 20% = $2,000.

Year 1 (2009) CX housing = 100% of $10,000. Since 2009 housing prices have risen by 80% (quote SCMP. Here's another brief history lesson on the true value of the iCadet housing allowance that IS NOT maintained on par with the housing market unlike the previous contracts: House Prices in Hong Kong | Hong Kong Real Estate Prices).

The net worth of $10,000 less 80% is $2,000.

Go & argue the basis of that fact with either your math teacher or the editor of the SCMP where it was printed. Careful though! If they dare disagree then they could be labelled anti iCadet trolls!!!

When you reduce the value of something by 80% what you're left with is 20%. I typed that slow for you. What future CX has when this is the level of applicant. I can see how a 1:60 would fry your brain.

Anti iCadet trolls vs pro sell out trolls. An on going debate it seems. One side has facts, experience, credentials & experience. The other immaturity & ignorance.

If you read a post of mine not long ago I mentioned the iCadet remuneration package is livable but to plan for a LONG TERM secure financial future based on it & life's known & unknown variables is irresponsible not to mention contributing to the detriment of the airline & industry.

Unfitting a CX pilot as you say? Well yes & no. Guys like yourselves are willing to see it degraded so as to allow yourselves access to it. Otherwise those with experience, credentials & knowledge would apply & leave those without such professional qualities unable to compete. But that is not the case and until the job is driven down to your own level you'll defend your right to do so. You guys need these lower standards to apply. Those who refuse to apply or fight for higher standards are in opposition to you.

Last edited by ChinaBeached; 30th Jul 2012 at 09:10.