PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2012, 07:51
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Put yourself in our position, if you were at the beginning of your career, in the economy of today and the airline of your dreams, the airline that you had always dreamed of joining one day offered you a job....
I worked my ar$e off, studied my ar$e off & sacrificed all that was needed to get to where I am today. At no stage did I deem it acceptable to contribute to the downturn of my profession. I earned the right to interview for CX as SO with a few thousand command hours & jet time. I thought I realised the fruit of all my hard work, determination & sacrifice. I then had to turn CX down. So I think I have a pretty good grasp of things.
Would you go away, pay for your training and if you were lucky end up at a loco like Ryanair?
Yes. That's precisly what I did. I earned my climb up the ladder & built real hours in my log book, unlike a P2X rating. After your probable 5 years as SO how many ICAO recognised hours do you have? Only that from Adelaide. Nothing else. So your still stuck at CX for at least another ?? years to build hours that other airlines may recognise - but still with zero command time. So yes: a RHS job with Ryanair or a C172 or BE76 is FAR better than a P2X rating when it comes to your log book & career. You own your own hours & therefore destiny. Since when was a fresh CPL to RHS job in a 737 frowned upon??!! Guys in other countries drive for days on end just to land their first job in a C182. A twin job on a C404 or Chieftan let alone turboprop was unthinkable for at least a few years. You guys have no idea of the true profession when you believe a P2X rating in those contract terms is better than a RHS job at Ryanair or other carrier.

Banged - patronising? To even think you have the fur in your groin to be able to do so is humorous enough! You laud your right to sell out a profession & proudly contribute to its deterioration. I happen to vehemently disagree with that due experience. At 22 your log book (if you have one) is still in the same pre-pubescent stage as yourself so to think you have the professional ability to "patronise" me is comical! Thanks for the laugh kid! The fact that you even attempt to look down on those with more experience, credentials & knowledge of the job (& airline) you seek to lower speaks more of your own charactor than anything else. If I'm abrasive then it's for a reason: your ignorance & immaturity is a slur to all I & many others worked so hard for. If I'm abrasive I can't wait to see you cower like a puppy in a CX cockpit when your level of ignorance & arrogance gets exposed! You have no idea kid.

Last edited by ChinaBeached; 30th Jul 2012 at 08:02.