PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 9
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2012, 05:47
RetiredF4

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired F4 (out of BEA Final Report)
No clear mention of the buffet phenomenon is ever made.
Clandestino
Is pre-stall buffet really so exotic it warrants special mention in the manuals of the aeroplanes possessing it or we perchance require the aeroplanes lacking it to be equipped with artificial means of its simulation?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retirred F4 (out of BEA Final Report)
The combination of the ergonomics of the warning design, the conditions in which airline pilots are trained and exposed to stalls during their professional training and the process of recurrent training does not generate the expected behaviour in any acceptable reliable way.
Clandestino
You are overgeneralizing, which is understandable as you choose to disregard the cases of A330 /340 UAS where crews either reacted properly to stall warning, or at very least did nothing. So survived.
Just for the record: i do not take credit for the exact words of BEA. I didn´t coment on them either.

Are you in disagreement here with BEA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired F4
How could he know?
Clandestino
Why should he know? WIWOA*, drill was to treat every degradation to alternate law as the worst case. What difference would make if it were ALT1? Low speed stability is overridable, especially so with full back stick.

Well, BEA is adressing this matter again, and you disagree here again?

BEA Final report
There is however no explicit indication, apart from the red SPD LIM flag next to the speed tape (on the ECAM for example), of the level of alternate law that the aeroplane is in. The ECAM message associated with the reconfiguration to alternate law, of whatever type, indicates “PROT LOST”. However, not all of the protections are lost, since the load factor protection remains available, and reduced protections can also exist. The precise identification of the consequences of a reconfiguration in alternate law is thus complicated.
I find it not very helpful to discuss the same matters discussed moons ago again while disregarding the BEA Final report when it suits our agenda. That was the reason i made my last three posts. If we are in disagreement with the report, then we should say so in an distinct way .

Last edited by RetiredF4; 30th Jul 2012 at 05:49.