PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2012, 02:24
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jj - so where or how did I exaggerate? What part of this confused you??
(I did a search on apartments min 200 to max 500 sq ft in Central. Try changing the fields for any other part of HK and see what $2000 a month will get you, or consider your ever depreciating $10,000).
You obviously lack the capacity to read and fully comprehend information - hence the iCadet contract suits you well. You read and believe what you want to, but not what it is.

Your immaturity and ignorance of the profession you wish to be a part also shines through. Because you know some people earning $20k a month with 2 kids it's OK for this profession to be lowered to that level of remuneration? Do those locals need to send their kids to international schools due language barriers? Do they get access to the local health system a supposed to non permanent residents, is their family many 1000's of miles away on foreign shores, is their "profession" one in which they are responsible for many millions of dollars of hardware, not mention hundreds of lives, and so on? No kid - it's not quite apples and apples, is it? See kid, it "used to be" a profession taking years of dedication and sacrifice to earn the right to fly for an airline as CX once was. Not any more due to the likes of yourself. I'll wager you live at home with mummy and daddy, have never paid your own rent, your own bills, looked at a LONG TERM plan for retirement. The CX cadetship was only ever designed to support the local HK community (quote RH as recently as 2 years ago) but then scum like him are able to use it to attract and other sucker to the job in order to feather his own nest. He says CX need to change to reflect the industry as a whole - so where's his sacrifice? Where's the slicing and dicing of his remuneration package? Ooops... His has increased through salary increases, bonuses, etc all on the backs of ignorant wannabes.

rdane - if you haven't the ability to show some respect to yourself, try to do so to the profession at the very least.

vero - I'm happy your mate has shown some form of intelligence and is making the most of the sh!t sandwich he signed. I will assume eventually he will have to move to HK. For those at CX please correct me if I'm wrong. So what happens when he's stuck in HK and can't get home to BKK or flights don't coincide with his roster? I assume he'll have to pay for a hotel in HK every now and again. Eventually this sh!t sandwich of a contract will catch up to him. Once again, none of you look LONG TERM. You all look the here and now and Shiny Jet Syndrome you think you've earned by selling out to a greedy and immoral company.

The likes of banged, jj and rdane are all the same types who down the track will scream that pilots are their own worse enemy when it comes to sticking together to maintain their professional integrity, supporting standards and their job security, not to mention remuneration. You wilfully contribute to the lowering of the profession through your actions.

You get what you deserve: pay bananas, get monkeys. You're the cheapest option. How proud you must be.

Last edited by ChinaBeached; 30th Jul 2012 at 06:03.