PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alpha Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2012, 23:44
stormiscoming

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you sure about that? Heard that once you have 1500 hours you also get an ATPL since you already passed the subjects. Also Alpha says on their FAQ:

'With an MPL license you only need to acquire 1.500 hours of flying experience to turn your license in to a worldwide recognized Full ATPL license. There are no additional exams or test required for the conversion.'
The questions and concerns regarding MPL to ATPL are and have been approached numerous of times. As much as anyone can copy paste extracts from the CAR's or ICAO regulations it all comes down to interpretation of the law.
To justify this is the current situation not only in the UAE but also in the Philippines. Like myself, there are many MPL First officers, in both countries, who have reached more than 1500 hours logged in. And at this moment neither ATO has authorized a MPL conversion into an ATPL.
It becomes fruitless everyone here giving their opinion, even when its based on the CAR's because people in the right positions in their countries ATO, have and are discussing this matter.
I am happy this topic was approached because it seems to be another miss presentation on Alpha Aviation Group's FAQ part on their website to lure those with flying aspirations.

G-FULL
As much as everyone here will copy/paste definitions from the CAR's to either justify their point of view or give reason to what they are trying to say. The fact of the matter is that, like myself, no one with more than 1500 hours logged on the A320 have been able to convert to an ATPL.
Please take this information into consideration as you pursue your carrier as a pilot. I do wish you the best of success.