PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 9
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2012, 22:17
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"In alternate 2 law, the longitudinal control law remains a load factor law and the lateral control law is a direct law. In the specific case of alternate 2B law, some coefficients used in the longitudinal flight control law become speed-independent and are set for the maximum speed for the aeroplane configuration (330 kt in clean configuration). This hardly modifies the behaviour of the aeroplane in comparison to normal law, but can nevertheless induce an unusual response dynamic when the aeroplane has an abnormally low speed for the configuration."

"Alternate 2B law represents a specific case of flight control law reconfiguration. In fact, it occurs when the flight control computers have rejected the three ADR’s. It has the specific characteristic of being associated with the loss of computation and display of the limit speeds

Franzl:
Do you have advice on the abnormal responses (unusual) in this regard? It is why I brought up the possibility that PNF may have been referring to bug speeds lost? Eg. "we've lost the speeds"

Lyman:
"We've lost the speeds?.." 2:10:16. This is an odd call, since it means plural. Did they lose "all indications" NO. Or did they lose a bug? Two bugs? Vs? It is not the appropriate recognition of UAS, and it certainly is unaccompanied with any drill. Yet most here assume it is a recognition of UAS? How's that?

mm43

"The subtile changes to the PFD, as pointed out in the BEA's report, do not appear to have warranted a comment by either pilot. The PF may have conceded this point when he made the comment, "I have no more displays". But I suspect he really was inferring that he couldn't interpret what was being displayed."

He did not. How do you get "Je ne comprends pas" from "J'ai riens vitesses?"

Last edited by Lyman; 29th Jul 2012 at 22:36.