PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 29th Jul 2012, 17:13
Ronand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So u are saying I can't land in 16kts crosswind LOL, haha you just made my day..... Do u honestly think that someone with 1000hrs on a 737 can't land in more than 16kts crosswinds?? That just shows your ignorance and lack of flying knowledge..... I guess you are a 200hr wonder wannabe.... right?
In my opinon someone who holds an ATPL and has over 1600TT 1000hrs on Jet aircraft can be considderd an experienced FO. The problem in this current climate is that there are baerly any jobs for FO's, they are just not needed. Most Outfits rather take 0 hrs, make some money on typeratings and then pay them a low salary. Why pay for something that you can get for free.... You will notice that 95% of job offeres with contractor companies are for Captains, there are barely any for FOs.
I am not trying to protect my salary, as there will be far more applicants than needed anyways, regardless of what I am writing here. I am just letting the new guys know what to expect. Just don't expect 700-800hrs a year and an easy life in the sun, as it used to be before, times in ryr are currently changing rapidly for the worse, believe it or not.... I would not be surprised if FOs soon will fly arround 400hrs a year, and there will also be no upgrades in seight in the near futere....
Good luck, cos you will need it.

Last edited by Ronand; 29th Jul 2012 at 17:15.