PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Olympic Union Flag raising - RAF out of step
Old 29th Jul 2012, 16:57
Shack37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If, as it's been said, it was planned seven years ago, in the Blair/Brown years, that might confirm my suspicion that it was a very Left-leaning poltical statement.

I thought it was out of place for such an occasion, and I suspect 90% of the foreign audience were bemused (and mystified) by at it - to put it mildly.
OK, you thought it was out of place and a Left leaning political statement.
This after explaining about the excellent treatment your FO (eventually)received and how the staff had no interest in charging you for it. BTW, did they ask you who you voted for before treating him?

For me the NHS is, and always has been, a fantastic institution which has helped millions of people who otherwise could not have afforded the medical treatment they needed. It was included in the ceremony, and deservedly so, as one ot the great developments in British history.

That some posters continue to insist it was included for purely politically motivated reasons and not on it's merits just confirms the small mindedness that abounds here sometimes.

Personally, I don't give a flying fc*k which party was responsible for the formation of the NHS, I'm just glad it's there.

If, as it's been said, it was planned seven years ago, in the Blair/Brown years, that might confirm my suspicion that it was a very Left-leaning poltical statement.
Of course, as posted earlier, it was all part of a great plan to get Obama elected for a second term. You couldn't make it up.

Last edited by Shack37; 29th Jul 2012 at 17:02.