PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alpha Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2012, 13:46
honestpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
answer is NO.

Why? Because MPL is different from ATPL.

You cannot even join another airline. For example lets say u did 500 hours with Air Arabia and then they leave u. You then go to say Emirate since they are offering MPL spots. They will never accept you. This is because u have been trained the Air Arabia way. They will have to waste money training u in their way. They much rather take a new student and train him for scratch.

Even now i have no flying hours in the A320 and I wanted to leave Alpha. At the end i could not. Why? Because the flight school I spoke to did not accept my ground school results or most of my flying. So if i wanted to join their school I would have to start from scratch. That is a waste of money and time.

Imagine now if u did all the training and joined the A320 and they asked u to do all from scratch. You just cannot go and do the ATPL exams even though u have the MPL results as proof. U need to resit the whole course to rebuild the ground school hours to get the ATPL license.

If u really want to go train as a pilot and you think u will make a good one the please get the EASA license. Once u have that u will not face many problems. Yes, it will be hard to get the inital job and you will properly need to fly in a cargo plane or bush flying in Africa but u are building hours and eventually u will get the ATPL license with no problems

On the other hand read a few posts back. I mentioned an airline that offers from MPL training. Then again it is only for British students but still it shows that there are airlines who pay for it. Why? Because it is risky